Friday, February 22, 2008

STARBUCKS COFFEE


Even though I don't drink coffee and never have I still think of coffee every time I hear the word Starbucks. I am not sure if there are too many Starbucks coffee stores around here where I live but I know of one for sure that is connected to a Chapters Book Store and I will be there in a couple of weeks. Starbucks is known for it's great coffee and while doing research on Starbucks I found out that breakfast foods are also a growth area for Starbucks and get this, it shares the competitive breakfast market with fast food companies like McDonald's.

The Starbucks Corporation is now the world's leading coffee retailer with stores in 37 countries which first got started in 1971, when the first Starbucks store opened in Seattle, Washington to sell only coffee beans and high quality coffee making equipment to use at home. To keep the foot traffic to the Starbucks stores they depend on new products with their reputation for creating new beverages. In 2005-2006 Starbucks has introduced 22 new beverages to their menu and is now introducing a breakfast and lunch program. Starbucks is also thinking about health concerns and the awareness of the rise of obesity so they are making an effort for the health conscious consumer by using 2% and soy milk in many of its products.

Next time I am near a Starbucks store I might just look into their beverages to see what they have to offer and maybe I will find something I like.





2 comments:

jenn said...

I'm not a coffee drinker either. I find starbucks way overpriced.

Carrie said...

That is what I thought last time I was there. I was looking for a hot chocolate and ended up walking away with nothing.