Monday, February 25, 2008

SHOPPING THE DEALS

I know it is only February and most people are probably thinking that it is too early to start thinking about shopping but for me the shopping for Christmas has already started. I buy little things here and there to help cut back on the cost of gift buying closer to Christmas. I will do my last bit of shopping after Thanksgiving with the thanksgiving specials that I am fortunate to come across.With having a large family with four children to buy for I am always looking and waiting for good deals.

I get a lot of good deals and savings buy purchasing Black Friday items online without the hassle of getting up early and waiting in the line ups. With having young children I tend to take advantage of the Toys R Us ads and the Old Navy ads to get them their favorite toys and clothes. Last year we did all our shopping from September to December always leaving our budget tight to pay the bills and we said that we weren't going to let it happen again this year but some deals are worth waiting until after Thanksgiving arrives. Come on, I have to save some shopping for the Christmas season or it wouldn 't feel much like Christmas now would it. When do you start your shopping, do you get it done early or wait for the thanksgiving specials!

2 comments:

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

You're smart, Carrie. :D I start my Christmas shopping during the summer and have most of it completed by Thanksgiving. It takes the pressure off so we can enjoy the holidays. :D I love searching for unusual items when we tour in the summer.

Hugs, JJ

Carrie said...

I agree JJ, finish early so you can enjoy the holiday :0)