Friday, February 22, 2008

CHILDREN STARTING SCHOOL

I now have 3 children already in school which only leaves 1 left to go. I am in no hurry to send him and because of his birthday being so close to the end of the year I have the choice to send him or give him an extra year home. Being the last child I immediately say I want him to stay home but Blake is so ready to go to school now and I feel it wouldn't be fair to him to keep him home that extra year. Blake loves to learn and at the age of 3 he can already recognize his letters (out of order) and he knows their sounds. Now when we read to him he wants to be able to read words and is asking about the punctuation marks because he knows that they aren't letters so punctuation it is. Some of the teachers tell me to save some learning for school and other say let him learn. It's not like I sit here all day and teach him this is stuff he has picked up from TV and his older siblings. I can't take credit for it. He just isn't happy unless he is learning. So with this being said I guess I will have to deal with the fact that my baby boy will be going to school a year ealier than I hoped.

2 comments:

jenn said...

When my baby started last year, it was rough. But I made it through, and so will you.

I also find that she picks up things from the older kids too. She is reading at almost second grade level, and is only in kindergarten. We've spent the past few night reading Junie B. Jones books...HER reading to me.

Carrie said...

My daughter loves Junie B. Jones books!