Saturday, December 22, 2007
This will probably be my last post until after Christmas with all the work that needs to be done around the house to get ready for the big day!
Friday, December 14, 2007
Another year is coming to an end...What did 2007 mean to you? Share your memories of 2007 with us.
~ Start Copy ~
Rules :1. Copy from "Start Copy" until "End of Copy".
2. Before "End of Copy", share your best memories of 2007 include your name and your URL blog.
3. Share this tag to your friends.
For me, the year 2007 had a lot of happiness (and hope for 2008). Happiness because i see my son, grow and grow day by day. I have a great husband. I met lots of new friends from around the world via blogging ^_^ - Juliana RW
The year 2007 has been a good year for me. Me and my husband had our 10th anniversary, my children are healthy, I got a new great-nephew, and I made a lot of new friends through blogging. ~ Mom Knows Everything
The year 2007, oh wow what a busy year this has been for my family but a lot of great memories. After a fast, busy, hectic long distance move for us we took a much needed summer vacation camping and hanging out on the beach. We had the time of our lives and didn't want to see it come to an end but it had to and we are looking forward to going back next summer. What a year. My greatest memories are getting to spend this time with my husband and children. And blogging I can't forget all the great friends I've made. I couldn't ask for anything more. :0) Rantings of a Woman and Jabber Jaws
~ End of Copy ~
What did 2007 mean to you Jenn, Petula, Misty, Mel and Matt?
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Monday, December 3, 2007
Tammy from Mom Knows Everything tagged me with the really long meme so since I have nothing to do right now I would be smart to get this one done!
1. What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now? Berrylicious body wash... Love it!
2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? Nope...only in the summer months.
3. What would you change about your living room? I want carpet...and new curtains.
4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? It is empty at the moment but when I get off the computer is will be filled with dirty dishes from last nights supper
5. What is in your fridge? Left over from last night, milk, apples, mushrooms, carrots, turnip, juice, water, ketchup, mayo, margarine, drink boxes, pudding, apple sauce...the usual stuff...
6. White or wheat bread? Both...I try to get the wonder bread that is white but has whole wheat...my kids prefer this over any other bread.
7. What is on top of your refrigerator? One plant
8. What color or design is on your shower curtain? Don't have a shower curtain(shower doors).
9. How many plants are in your home? 6
10. Is your bed made right now? Not yet...waiting to see if I am taking a nap today or not LOL
11. Comet or Soft Scrub? Soft scrub
12. Is your closet organized? NO!!!!
13. Can you describe your flashlight? With out batteries...
14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic more at home? Glass unless I'm drinking out of a water bottle
15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? Nope, don't like iced tea
16. If you have garage, is it cluttered? converting it into a family room at the moment...pretty clean. Kids love it! It will be their games room with an air hockey table after Christmas...
17. Curtains or blinds? both
18. How many pillows do you sleep with? 2 (4 when hubby is out of town)
19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? I prefer not to but Blake insists that we keep the hall light on
20. How often do you vacuum? I vacuumed yesterday and will probably vacuum again tomorrow or sooner if needed
21. Standard toothbrush or electric? Standard.
22. What color is your toothbrush? white and pink
23. Do you have welcome mat on your front porch?Yep...frozen to the step.
24. What is in your oven right now? nothing
25. Is there anything under your bed? storage (summer clothes)
26. Chore you hate the most? Cleaning the toilets...has to be done and somebody has to do it. Yuck...
27. What retro items are in your home? My hubby's music collection. LOL!
28. Do you have a separate room you use an an office? Yes I do and it's bigger than our living room. (furniture fit better in the other room with the tv) lucky me LOL
29. How many mirrors are in your home? 5 (1(2) in each bathroom, laundry room, Trinity's room and my room
30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? Nope...just the kids money jars LOL
31. What color are your walls?Mostly a light grey/brown, my room a greenish khaki or something (don't like it), Trinity's room purple, Kohl's room blue, bathroom up blue, bathroom down pale yellow with green wallpaper half way up, kitchen burgundy.
32. What does your home smell like right now? apple cinnamon
33. Favorite candle scent?cinnamon...reason for #32
34. What kind of pickles are in your refrigerator right now? Sweet pickles and dill
35. Ever been on your roof? Nope...way to high for me
36. Do you own a stereo? small CD players that's it....
37. How many TVs do you have? 7 One in each bedroom , living room, new family room
38. How many phones? 5 (living room, dining room, my room, Jay's room and family room. I still need one in the computer room.
39. Do you have a housekeeper? Yep me, my hubby and the kids...couldn't ask for more
40. What style do you decorate in? Oh I don't know ...what ever works. I can be pretty picky
41. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? Solid colors but it has to be dark to hide the dirt...
Wow! That took some time but it was fun!
I will leave this meme to anyone who has the time and wants to share your answers with the world of bloggers.
Just let me know if you do this one PLEASE!
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Then we are frustrated that the kids aren't old enough and we'll be more content when they are.
After that, we're frustrated that we have teenagers to deal with. We will certainly be happy when they are out of that stage.
We tell ourselves that our life will be complete when our spouse gets his or her act together, when we get a nicer car, when we are able to go on a nice vacation or when we retire.
The truth is there's no better time to be happy than right now.
If not now, when? Your life will always be filled with challenges.
It's best to admit this to yourself and decide to be happy anyway. Happiness is the way.
So, treasure every moment that you have and treasure it more because you shared it with someone special, special enough to spend your time with..... And remember that time waits for no one.
So, stop waiting
Until your car or home is paid off.
Until you get a new car or home.
Until your kids leave the house.
Until you go back to school.
Until you finish school.
Until you lose 10 lbs.
Until you gain 10 lbs.
Until you get married.
Until you get a divorce.
Until you have kids.
Until you retire.
Until you die.
There is no better time than right now to be happy.
Happiness is a journey, not a destination.
So work like you don't need money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one's watching.
I am going to be happy today---
want to join me?
Monday, November 26, 2007
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
*When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you hand my first painting on the refrigerator and I immediately wanted to paint another.
*When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you feed a stray cat and learned that it was good to be kind to animals.
*When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make my favorite cake for me and I learned that little things can be special things in life.
*When you thought I wasn't looking, I heard you say a prayer and I knew there is a God I could always talk to and I learned to trust in God.
*When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you give of your time and money to help people who had nothing and I learned that those who have something should give to those who don't.
*When you thought I wasn't looking, I felt you kiss me good night and I felt loved and safe.
*When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you take care of our house and everyone in it and I learned we have to take care of what we are given.
*When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw how you handled your responsibilities even when you didn't feel good and I learned that I would have to be responsible when I grow up.
*When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw tears come from your eyes and I learned that sometimes things hurt but it's all right to cry.
*When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw that you cared and then I wanted to be everything that I could be.
*When you thought I wasn't looking, I learned most of life's lessons that I needed to know to know to be a good and productive person when I grow up.
*When you thought I wasn't looking, I looked at you and wanted to say "Thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn't looking."
Each of us parent, grandparent, uncle, aunt, friend, neighbor or volunteer influence the life of a child.
Let's celebrate National Child Day!
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Saturday, November 10, 2007
*"Stewerdess" is the longest word typed with only the left hand
*"Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".? (Are you doubting this?)
*Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
*The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet. (Now, you KNOW you're going to try this out for accuracy, right?)
*The words 'racecar,' 'kayak' and 'level' are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes). (Yep, I knew you were going to "do" this one.)
*There are only four words in the English language which end in "dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous. (You're not doubting this, are you?)
*There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: "abstemious" and "facetious." (Yes, admit it, you are going to say, a e i o u)
*TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard. (All you typists are going to test this out)
*A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
*A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.(Some days that's about what my memory span is.)
*A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
*A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
*A snail can sleep for three years. (I know some people that could do this too.!)
*Almonds are a member of the peach family.
*An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain. (I know some people like that also)
*Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age.
*February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
*In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
*If the population of China walked past you, 8 abreast, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
*Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors
*Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite!
*Rubber bandslast longer when refrigerated.
*The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.
*The cruise liner, QE 2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
*The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket. (Good thing he did that.)
*The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.
*There are more chickens than people in the world.
*Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.
*Women blinknearly twice as much as men.
*Now you know more than you did before!!